But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

29.6.12

Long live the reckless and the brave.
I don't think I want to be saved;
My song has not been sung.

I took a shower an hour ago, and for some reason my mind wandered to how I need to buck up and pull myself together. So, I've decided not to wade around in self-pity and actually get out of this rabbit hole.

My problem is that I have no idea who I am and what I want from life. 

I have a theory. If I could do the same things I did when I was younger, aged 12 for instance, and compare what I feel now to what I feel then, then I'd know what I truly love and what I pretend to. 

I realised this when I was putting lotion on my face (as I do after a shower) and I had my iPod on shuffle. I Wanna by The All-American Rejects came on, and my hands weren't fit to change the song choice, so I went with it. I found myself bouncing about to the song, as I did when I discovered the song back in 2008. And that little drum solo before the last chorus still gets me, as it did when I was 12.

I noticed this with all the other songs I loved back then.

So, I draw this conclusion: if a certain thing made you feel the same way as you did back when you first discovered it, then it's worth keeping. 

I don't think this made sense, but it's for my future reference to remind me that I've got to stay true to myself. And nobody reads this anyway.

Je vous aime, mon chéri. Je le veux dire. ♥