But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

24.12.09

I know all the faces.

Moments like these last forever.

This might turn into a rant. I ain't feeling too happy today.

Ayahngah's family came today. They'll be here until Sunday. Usually, they'd come on Saturdays, Fridays since the new addition; but this time they were a full day early. This is because Makngah prepares the decorations in the day. This Saturday is the 'aqiqah. Oh joy, another celebration.

My grandmother expects me to wake up early tomorrow, or she says she will 'kirai dalam katil karang!'. I don't know what she meant, but I don't think I want to hear her nagging first thing in the morning. I am the one to wake up early is because I'm the oldest. How lame is that. She says Balqis and Zulaikha are too young and whatever. FYI; Balqis is only 4 years younger than me. She's nine. NINE. I did more things than she did at nine. She should be able to tolerate it, whatever it is.

Now, knowing my grandmother, she complicates things as simple as invitations. Is it necessary to have invitations in 3 colours? I didn't think so either. Can you imagine everything else now? Nah, didn't think so. There are -of course- three types of doorgifts. Men, women, and anyone unmarried.

And get this, guess what's my tasks on Saturday? Mhmm. Doorgifts. That is what my grandmother assigned me to do. Her nags and temper give me extras. Because my other cousins are in charge of the doorgifts too, I'll have to take care of them. And you wouldn't want to see all 3 of them together. One will pretend to be cute, which is being ditzy in front of old masjid people (you know what happens then). The other two would probably get cranky from lack of sleep. And these two will follow the cuteness, and end up running around the house with my other second cousins, and I'll get mad at for not taking care of them, although I'd explained they won't listen to me.

On top of that, my grandmother will get annoyed by how the ceremony isn't going on as smoothly, even though it would've been more smooth if she didn't make things so complicated. I'll get moody 'cause everyone will be annoyed at me. And I'm also in charge of photography. Which I would've liked if I didn't have to handle the doorgifts in the first place.

FML.
Thirteen year olds shouldn't handle my cousins. It should be against the law.
I got a feeling,
that tonight's gonna be a good night. ♥